Basara was a term of respect used for samurai commanders who shattered conventions with a rebellious style that combined strength and a bold, lavish aesthetic. For this trailblazing watch, we first specially commissioned the making of an actual, one-of-a-kind MR-G Hana-Basara suit of armour based on the Basara commander spirit. Then we created this exceptional watch using the armour as the design motif. Employing ultra-hard COBARION and DAT55G alloys developed in Japan and inviting in a cutting/polishing artisan to apply techniques rarely used in metalwork, we achieved mirror-surface facet cuts in metal — a feat considered virtually impossible. This watch exudes a distinctive aesthetic sensibility and worldview that embraces two of Japan’s proudest heritages: cutting-edge technology and traditional craftsmanship.
DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY
Face design inspired by Hana-Basara armour
The dial design incorporates a kusari katabira chainmail-inspired woven pattern and mirror-finished components with a folding fan pattern. The index features a curved form achieved with nanoprocessing to evoke the curvature of a Japanese sword. Adopting the Hana-Basara armour’s blend of green, red, gold and black hues, the watch face presents a creative design look.
Plate commemorating the MR-G 25th anniversary
Brown AIP® (arc ion plating) is applied to the DAT55G case. A plate engraved with “25th LIMITED” adorns the case side to mark the 25th anniversary of the MR-G line.* AIP® (arc ion plating) is a registered trademark of Kobe Steel, Ltd.
Clad Guard structure for reliable shock resistance and operability
Integration of the crown/buttons and guard parts offers improved shock resistance. αGEL* inserted into the crown helps to absorb shocks.* αGEL is a registered trademark of Taica Corporation.
* Image shows MRGG2000HA-1A.
Super Illuminator (high-brightness LED light) for maintaining watch readability in the dark
Scratch-resistant, highly transparent sapphire crystal
Solar-powered timekeeping with Bluetooth® and radio control for enhanced accuracy and reliability
Watch status display: Graphical display of time-reception status, solar power generation status, internal data update history and more.
Self check: Automatic evaluation of watch functions’ operational status. Displays a screen alert in the case of malfunction.
Automatic time adjustment*
World time for over 300 cities
Home time/world time switching
- Shock-resistant structure
- ISO 764-compliant magnetic resistance
- 20-bar water resistance
- Tough Solar (Solar powered)
- Smartphone Link (automatic connection)
- Radio-controlled (Multi Band 6)
- Auto hand home position correction
- Dual time
- Countdown timer
- LED light (Super Illuminator)
- * Note: Bluetooth® wordmark and logo are registered trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of these marks by Casio Computer Co., Ltd. is under license.
- * Apple, Apple logo and iPhone are trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- * IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. registered in the U.S.
- * Android and other related marks are the trademarks of Google LLC.
- * All other company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- * MRGB2000B is certified under Japan’s Radio Act.
- * Mobile Link features vary depending on mobile phone specifications and services offered by mobile carriers in your country.